Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In Loving Memory of My Beautiful Grandma " My Ajji"


May 14, 2012, is “one of those days.”   Days like this one remind a person of what’s truly important in life. Days like this remind you to always give loved ones hugs before you leave them. Days like this remind you to live each day as if it’s your last.

My Grandma passed away on  May 14, 2012… It’s been 2 years since she has passed away  & and that day replays in my head over and over again… I never thought the day would come that I would not be able to hug her & hold her hand again. I saw her lying on the floor …it just broke me.. I've never seen something so beautiful, yet so painful to look at. It was just an empty body.. she didn't reply my hug, but still felt her warm skin close to me…I was hoping over and over again that this is just a nightmare.. I can still hear her voice and feel her warm soft skin. I know she is still with me in spirit and hope that she continues to give me guidance and courage as she always did.

I have so many fond memories of my Grandma, especially in my childhood and the special time we spent together.….She would  tie my hair up and make sure it’s well brushed and oiled.. night I would sleep next to her and she would caress me lovingly. She was my best friend, my other half, my role model …the most significant person in my life and I love her more than words can say…   she loved and pamper me unconditionally & never turned her back on me.

She never had a career, but still she has made lasting impression on so many people. She will be remembered for her smile, her laughter, her hospitality, her cooking, her soft and safe hands, soft hug  & her strong opinions,. She will be remembered by so many..

I just long to go into her house and find her smiling face there… :(

Granny I wish I could say sorry for all the times I was busy with my life and not given time to you. I realize now all the things you said were said with so much meaning and love… I miss you… Every day… How I wish that you are  here to see me succeed & encourage me as I move forward in my career & Life... but I know my Angel looking at me from the above & feel proud of me and the decisions I have made....I really miss u a lot and you are so special...! RIP Ajji ..


No comments: