Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Starting a New Life Abroad !!!!!!!!







For some people starting a new life abroad is their ultimate dreams come true, for others it's a frightening but necessary lifestyle change brought by a career move or to fulfillment of family commitments.

Whichever category I fall into one thing is for certain, starting a new life overseas is an incredibly exciting opportunity but that requires courage and commitment.

There was lot of stresses and problems placed initially during a move to overseas. Getting used to new job, traffic, new language, taking up different responsibilities meeting new people, getting accommodation sorted out …huh ..101 things… it was all very hectic but challenging.



Coping up with change is very important.. When I came here I understood how to cope up with change – I was too very much eager to settle down fast and used to take up 15 different chores in one day but language barrier ,lack of friends and other things used to slow me down.

Then I started treating my lilttle achievement as worthy of celebration and stop pushing myself to settle in too quickly. I take each day at a time and at the end of the day look over even the smallest things I've achieved that day and give myself a pat on the back. J

When I moved abroad I left behind a strong network of family and friends on whom I can rely. This support network is sometimes I took for granted but as soon as I relocated I was missing that support. I was keeping in touch with everyone back home with phone calls, chats & emails.

New house will feel like a home when you are 100% familiar with it, the local surroundings and the people who live nearby. It was hard for me to speed up the familiarizing process too much but I used to make an effort to ensure it is progressing as fast as it can!

Finding local shops, parlors, doctors, and restaurants …I used walk round and learn where all the amenities, facilities and services are located. Slowly but everything seems so familiar to me …It took time but yes now I feel satisfied and secure in my new environment.

No comments: