Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I Luv My Home Town ??

Mangalore one of the finest, , developed, educated, multicultural with multiple languages (kannada, tulu, konkani, malberry (additional english and hindi) no doubt tulu and konkani remains the key. Speaking about mangaloreans in short sentences is not sufficient. Community and castes may play a role there but that is common all over India.

Tulu is the main language and this is the capital of tulunadu the land of tuluvas. Tulu is one of the most ancient dravidian languages. kannda descends from tulu and the malayalam script is also derived from the tulu script known as tigliari script.The great Vijaynagara King Krishnadevaraya comes from tulunadu.


Being a mangalorean I find it really disturbing about the recent happenings in Mangalore. Hopefully, MANGALORE comes to its senses and we all  get back the dignity we always had. I am jus so proud to be a mangalorean and definitely want give back something to the city some day.


Sad that all those glory of the past swept under the carpets of Industrialization, Gone are the days of Kambla, Nema, Kola, Oorda Jathre. Development is must but at what cost?? Thanks to few who retain that traditional interest.

Place with Karnika purushas, Devotional fragrance, known for communal harmony. Holy places, Churches, temples, Masjids, great educational intuitions....WOW...ETHONJI PORLU NAMMA KUDLA


Mangalore is a city of brilliants. It is a only one dist in Karnataka having 100% literacy rate. Aishwarya rai , Shilpa shetty, Shamitha shetty, Sunil shetty, Sneha ullal, Rohit shetty, Ganesh hegde, Ganesh achararya, amrita rao, hansika, Genilia, George fernadis, Dr Devi prasad, & finally "me"  all are mangaloreans. I am proud to be Mangalorian. I love kori rotti, kori sukka, moode, gunda,Gengi, Etti, Bangude and all other sea food.


"Yakshgana" ... a method of depicting the Mahabharatha and the Ramayan . This culture has played a major role in South Canara. "Nataka " the stage plays which have lot of humor which especially should be watched in tulu stage plays.




In Addition to above all I born in this city and spent almost 25 years of my life …I have my beloved parents , relatives and best friends are there ….for all these reasons I luv my hometown ,  Namma Kudla!!!


























































No comments: